Naomi Chanbers. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Vin Chaud


When I was living in France, I went up to Alsace in December. It was beautiful and magical. What a wonderful place. In Strasbourg, near the cathedral they were having their annual March a Noel. It was a feast for the eyes.

I tried Vin Chaud for the first time. It is a traditional French beverage served at Christmas time. To be honest, I did not personally care for it. It was much too sweet for my palate  I like red wine, but this had a flavor that was too off for me.

I was planning on making it this year for Thanksgiving, but at the last minute changed my mind. It is really a Christmas drink and not a Thanksgiving Drink. Maybe in a few weeks I will give it a shot.



There are a few versions of this drink, here are two of them: 

1 bottle red wine
4 cinnamon sticks
1 5-inch by ½-inch piece of orange zest (white pith removed)
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cardamon pods
5 whole cloves
1/3 cup Cognac

2 bottles of red wine
1 cup of cassis
1 Tbs orange zest
1 Tbs lemon zest
2 cinnamon sticks
5 whole cardamom pods
5 whole cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp nutmeg



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment